Develop an action plan
As a concluding step an action plan should summarise the selected adaptation options and instruments and provide a roadmap for implementation.
The following issues should be addressed in the action plan:
- Preferred adaptation options and ways for implementation (mainstreaming into existing instruments and/or creating new instruments) including opportunities and synergies;
- Roles and responsibilities, explicitly considering the need for coordination between authorities at all levels;
- Detailed timetable for implementation and provisions for revision;
- Estimation of human and financial resources needed;
- Funding possibilities;
- Open research questions and ways to close knowledge gaps;
- Potential barriers to action and mechanisms to overcome these;
- Mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the implementation success.