EFDAC, European Forest Data Centre
The European Forest Data Center (EFDAC) aims at becoming a focal point for policy relevant forest data and information by hosting and pointing to relevant forest information as well as providing web-based tools for accessing information located in EFDAC.
Beside the DOWNOLAD area for data and software, the following applications are the core elements of the EFDAC:
- METADATA CATALOGUE - The technical platform consists of a lightweight system that allows users through the web to search, browse and access the forest resources from the metadata catalogue.
- FOREST MAPS / PATTERNS & FOREST CONDITION - The Map Viewer application is the customized web map service (WMS/OGC) that allows the user to visualize and navigate the forest maps, forest spatial patterns maps as well as other forest related geo-datasets on forest condition available at the JRC.
- EUROPEAN FOREST FIRE INFORMATION SYSTEM (EFFIS) - The European Forest Fire Information System (EFFIS) supports the services in charge of the protection of forests against fires in the EU and provides the European Commission services and the European Parliament with updated and reliable information on wildland fires in Europe
- EUROPEAN FOREST RESOURCES - The European Forest Resources Map Viewer allows the user to visualize, navigate and query the European forest resources thematic maps and datasets derived from National Forest Inventories (NFI) and international forest data providers.
- TREE SPECIES MAPS & SPECIES HABITAT SUITABILITY - The application (the customized web map service) allows the user to visualize, navigate and download dominant tree species distribution as well as actual and future species habitat suitability maps of 30 main tree species according to the different climate model projections, scenarios and years.
- GUIDOS SOFTWARE - A spatial pattern analysis software toolbox containing generic image processing utilities, an entire GIS system, exporting raster image overlays to Google Earth, and much more.
Agriculture and Forest
Observations and Scenarios