About Climate Change Adaptation in Europe
The European Climate Adaptation Platform (Climate-ADAPT) aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change. It is an initiative of the European Commission and helps users to access and share information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
- National and transnational adaptation strategies
- Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
- Tools that support adaptation planning
Amphibious housing in Maasbommel, the Netherlands
The Netherlands is a country with a long history of mitigating flood damage and adapting to flood risk.Read more
Adaptation to climate change, are governments prepared?
This joint report presents a cooperative audit based on eight individual national audit reports from Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia and Ukraine, and a fact-finding study by the European Court of Auditors.Read more
International Baltic Earth Summer School on Climate change in the Baltic Sea region
This summer school will focus on past and future changes in climate in the Baltic Sea region.Read more
Mayors Adapt: Promoting urban leadership in adaptation to climate change
The Covenant of Mayors Initiative on Climate Change Adaptation has been set up by the European Commission to engage cities in taking action on climate change adaptation.
The initiative, provides a platform for supporting adaptation, networking and public awareness at the local level where the impacts of climate change will be felt the most.Want to join the initiative?
- 10 May 2016, Adaptation Futures 2016: practices and solutions, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 23 May 2016, 2016 Berlin Conference on Global Environmental Change: Transformative Global Climate Governance "apres Paris", Berlin
- 7 Jun 2016, Adapting to Climate Change in Practice: where are we today, what do we need for tomorrow?, Berne, Switzerland