The European Climate Adaptation Platform (CLIMATE-ADAPT) is a partnership between the European Commission (DG CLIMA, DG Joint Research Centre and other DGs) and the European Environment Agency.
CLIMATE-ADAPT aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change. It is an initiative of the European Commission and helps users to access and share data and information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
- EU, national and transnational adaptation strategies and actions
- Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
- Tools that support adaptation planning
CLIMATE-ADAPT organizes information under the following main entry points:
- Adaptation information (Observations and scenarios, Vulnerabilities and risks, Adaptation measures, National adaptation strategies, Research projects)
- EU sector policies (Agriculture and forestry, Biodiversity, Coastal areas, Disaster risk reduction, Financial, Health, Infrastructure, Marine and fisheries, Water management)
- Transnational regions, Countries and Urban areas
- Tools (Adaptation Support Tool, Case Study Search Tool, Map Viewer)
The platform includes a database that contains quality checked information that can be easily searched.