All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain.See all EU institutions and bodies
The EU Mission Adaptation Community of Practice facilitates the exchange of knowledge and experiences, strengthening coordination and collaboration among its members. Its membership comprises regional and local authorities that are Charter Signatories, Mission projects and regions or local authorities participating in their implementation, the European Commission and other relevant European institutions, national authorities (that will be identified via national adaptation contact points), and Friends of the Mission.
Members of the EU Mission Adaptation Community can benefit from participation in events, sharing good practices, and opportunities to link research with policy and practice.
EU Mission Adaptation Community online area
Charter Signatories, Friends of the Mission, and national authorities (that will be identified via national adaptation contact points) can also access an online area to benefit from:
- Discussions, learning and collaboration with peers
- Keeping up to date about the Community’s events
- Discovering and participating in training courses
- Participating in dialogues to influence policy and funding
- Building alliances and partnerships for new projects and initiatives
- Developing common documents to showcase good practices and gain reputation and visibility.
In due course, the online EU Mission Adaptation Community will also be made accessible to the Mission projects.
MIP4Adapt’s technical assistance provides regional and local authorities that are Charter Signatories with:
- Tailored help to move from risk assessment to the development of adaptation pathways and fund and implement climate adaptation solutions
- Tailored help with identifying appropriate climate adaptation demonstration projects, accessing relevant funding, and financing
- Support with stimulating citizens' and stakeholders' mobilisation and engagement in establishing transformative pathways towards climate resilience
Charter Signatories can access the application form for technical assistance within the online EU Mission Adaptation Community.
Please note that the open call to regions and local authorities to sign the Mission’s Charter is currently closed. Future opportunities, including funding opportunities to support your ideas on adaptation to climate change, will be published in the News section.
For more information, please read the FAQs
The contents and links to third-party items on this Mission webpage are developed by the MIP4Adapt team led by Ricardo, under contract CINEA/2022/OP/0013/SI2.884597 funded by the European Union and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union, CINEA, or those of the European Environment Agency (EEA) as host of the Climate-ADAPT Platform. Neither the European Union nor CINEA nor the EEA accepts responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with the information on these pages.